Frequently asked questions
If your question and/or answer is not listed, please contact us.
What are the opening times?
Every day open from 09:00am till 12:00am
- Restaurant Het Booze Wijf
Every day open from 10:00am
The kitchen is open from 11:30am untill 08:30pm
- Eetcafé de Werf
Closed, you can get chips and snacks from restaurant het Booze Wijf
- Waddenpaviljoen De Voormalige Noorman
Saturday and Sunday open from 11:00am
The kitchen is open until 08:30pm
- Ice-cream Kiosk
Monday till Friday open from 09:00am till 12:00am
Saturday and Sunday open from 09:00am till 05:00pm
Is the campsite open throughout the year?
Yes, the campsite is open all year round. There are heated sanitary facilities and the chalets also benefit from central heating.
What are the arrival and departure times?
- Camping pitches:
Arrival: from 1pm
Departure: before 12.00am
- Accommodations(Chalets, Campsite cottages and Hikers' cabins):
Arrival: from 3pm
Departure: before 10.30am
Where can I buy tickets for a Seal trip or Rescue Boat trip?
You can buy your tickets on board. See our website for the times and sailings.
PLEASE NOTE: You must arrive 15 minutes before departure.
Can I bring my pet?
- ‘De Punt 12’ Beach chalet
- ‘De Punt 15’ Beach chalet
- Campsite cottages Pompsterplaat 4 and 5
- Hikers' cabin 4
- With the exception of the Ballastplaat field
- We charge €5 per night for a dog
"Het Booze Wijf":
- Dogs are allowed in our restaurant, bistro and on the terrace
- Dogs are allowed on board our excursion boats ms Silverwind, ms Störtebeker and the Lauwers museum boat
- Dogs are not allowed on the sandbank excursions
- Dogs are not allowed on the Rescue Boats
- Is wireless internet (WiFi) available?
WiFi is free for all our guests. You can log in without a password.
- How do I reserve a berth?
You can reserve a berth through reception. If you wish to make a reservation, we advise you contact the reception in good time on 0519 - 34 91 33.